Open Call For Artists – Deadline is December 1.
The New Motion Gallery will be participating with a sale and interactive booth at Market Collective’s 10 Year Anniversary + Holiday Market, Our booth will take place on December 14-16. The event series will be held at the BMO Centre for the first time ever, making it the largest and most highly anticipated market to date. Visitors to the family-friendly event can anticipate two weekends of live music, interactive workshops, galleries, food and beverage, over 150 local vendors, and special surprises.
We are doing a call for art submission for Market Collective. The event expects to attract 8,000-10,000 people for the weekend. It is a great opportunity to present and sell your artwork to lots of new people. We will also be doing LIVE painting, so we would love for you to volunteer for painting on location, as well supporting us with general tasks throughout the weekend. As a bonus to you, we will refund you $50 if you can volunteer for a block of 4 hours!!!
Please select if you can volunteer at the market – we will contact you with times and tasks
Artist Agreement / Terms & Conditions:
1. Registration must be submitted by to Motion Gallery through the website registration form. Contract will be signed upon delivery of artwork at BMO Centre. One label must be on back of painting and one label with visible price on the front, and art listed on the form below.
- Artworks are limited to 4 large or 6 small, plus a wooden box of prints and/or cards.
Artwork details : We will have sections for the artwork: The artist will need to provide:
- One piece valued under $50
- One piece valued under $200
- The rest can be valued at artist discretion .
Keep in mind that this is a Holiday Market, so smaller/cheaper items would probably sell better
- All art submitted must be original, or a print, for sale. All work must be finished and ready to hang, with D rings and wired. No clip frames or saw tooth hangers, your artwork will be rejected if not wired properly. Paintings and frames must be completely dry. The gallery will wire your art at $10 per piece.
- Motion Gallery reserves the right to reject artworks deemed not suitable for the nature of the show.
5.Artworks will be displayed at the Motion Gallery booth from December 14 to December 16, during the Market Collective Event. It must be picked up at 4 pm, December 16. Any artwork not picked up will be discarded or donated.
- Artworks cannot be removed from the display before the Event is over – unless sold
- Artworks are to be collected by the artist , if sending someone to pick up your art, please arrange it with Motion Gallery, artwork will not be released without written permission from artist.
- The artist agrees that their artwork may be photographed and used in any promotional materials now or in the future and at the discretion of Motion Gallery Society.
- Motion Gallery will receive 20% of payment of Artworks. The artist will receive 80%. Please consider this in your pricing. Payment to the artist will be made within six (6) weeks of the exhibition finishing.
- By completing, signing and submitting this “Artist Submission Form”, the artist confirms that they have read these terms and conditions, and agree to participate in accordance with them.
Motion Gallery is located in Sunalta. 2001b, 10th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta.
For further questions or inquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.