Open Call For Artists,
Motion Gallery invites visual artists to an open call for the new June exhibition and art sale ”Urban Experiences” painting , drawing, photography, mixed media, and sculpture will be accepted. The show is open to anyone, emerging artists are encouraged to submit their work, as this is a not for profit artist run gallery, that helps Calgary artists get established by providing a venue and some to showcase their work.
Artists can submit up to 4 paintings (pieces must be no larger than a 2×3’ area per piece, unless cleared by one of our gallery directors) for the month long show. This exhibit is for artwork created any time, however, it must meet the theme in some way to be accepted.
1) Online Registration for Submission Deadline is May 27.
2) Art drop off will be Wednesday May 29, or Friday May 31st, both from 6-9pm, , either day you must come with signed contract and labelled artwork.
3) Public Artist’s Reception will be Saturday June 8th, there will be a couple other events, with Community Neighbour Day being the 15th of June, and possibly a one Canada day Celebration happening at the end of the month. Artists participating will also have a chance to plan their own events if they want to invite their own groups to the gallery.
4) Exhibition will run from Saturday June 1st to the 29th.
5) Art can be picked up Saturday June 29th between 4-6 pm , Art not picked up will be stored for
30 days and then it will be forfeited to the gallery.
6) Artists payment will be made within 3 weeks of event end.
Buy-In for the event is $80 for members of Motion Gallery Society, $125 non-members.
All artwork must be wired properly with D rings, and ready to hang, absolutely no clip frames and saw tooth hangers will be accepted (liability). Artwork can be wired for you at $10 per piece. All art must be available for purchases do should originals, any prints of original work must be labelled as prints. Artists will be required to volunteer at least one two hour session during the month of the event. Artists should be available during the receptions. The gallery will retain 25% of the sale as the gallery commission, Artists will receive 75% of Sale. Any work not picked up will be stored for 30 days, if not picked up it will then be forfeited to the gallery.
Contract, art details, and tags must be brought to the gallery with your work at drop off times, payment must be received by the May 27th, late entries will be charged a late entry fee of $20. There’s is limited space for this show, early registration is recommended.
Motion Gallery is located in Sunalta. 2001b, 10th Avenue SW, Calgary, Alberta.
For further questions or enquiries, email email@example.com .
Submit your entry here: Submit my entry
Featured Image on this post (c) by Stephen P. Dolha – all rights reserved naturephotos.ca